72h in Amsterdam
It was the best idea to accept the challenge of my besties to visit the city for only 72 hours. The thing is that…it wasn’t enough. I’ve already scheduled a new trip to Amsterdam soon.
Even if we didn’t have enough time to fully enjoy the city, it was a great trial that made me want to see more and find out more about it. It was a brilliant experience spiced up with so many colorful moments.
How did it all started? Well, you all know that I’m a huge fan of traveling and that I have another two partners in crime – my #princesssquad. Right before New Years Eve, while we were having breakfast, we have decided to buy tickets for The Weeknd’s concert in Oslo – we are all huge fans of the super sexy-talented #Starboy – and also we had another motivational factor, to see the other bestie who lives in Oslo for the moment. Given the circumstances we have started to pack and travelled to Olso for 8 days*. But there were too many days for our rebel spirit to stay in only one country. We had to travel!
*A special article about Olso is soon to come.
Three young girls…where would they go?
10 tips for a successful 72 h trip in Amsterdam with your besties
1. Pack the most comfy pairs of shoes. Don’t miss my Shop My Instagram section and check out what I’m wearing, from where I’ve bought my outfits or my vacations and what beauty products I’m using.
2. Make sure you have some impermeable pieces of clothing and some sunglasses.
3. Sleep a lot before you arrive. You won’t feel like sleeping too much over there.
4. Take a portable charger to make sure that you have enough battery to take thousands of photos.
5. Rent a bike and visit the city. Beside that it’s very popular, you’ll love the experience.
6. Walk minimum 10 km per day. This way you’ll make sure that you have seen mostly everything.
7. If you’re a sweets lover, don’t miss the waffles. So yummy and you can find them mostly everywhere!
8.Don’t miss the canal cruises. You’ll be amazed of the astonishing views, colors, architecture, amazing vibe. Definitely a must!
9. Must visit:
I Amsterdam Sign, the Van Gogh Museum & Museumplein – they are all in the same area so you can save some time if visiting them one after another;
Rijksmuseum – the national museum of Holland boasts works by Rembrand and Vermeer;
Heineken Experience could be also a good choice for beer fans. I have to admit that I skipped this check point this time, but it sounds like a cool experience and it includes two beers;
Dam Square feels like the 0 point of the city. Shopping area, museums (for example Madame Tussauds) and a great atmosphere to enjoy a lovely brunch.
Also, don’t miss: The Red Light District – its historic quarter offers so much more than the scarlet-hued vice it’s renowned for; Coffee Shops – always know your limits and do this in the most responsible way.
10. Make sure you buy the #IAmsterdam City Card. This is the most convenient and affordable way to experience Amsterdam. Visit world-class museums, take a cruise through the charming canals and sample the local delicacies. All for free – or with a significant discount! In addition, the City Card gives you unlimited access to Amsterdam’s public transport system for 24, 48, 72 or 96 hours. Click here to read more about it.
Hope you have enjoyed this article and to find it very useful while you are visiting the city. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you need any other tips or informations about the city.
Greetings from Amsterdam,